From now on LikeBtn provides Google Rich Snippets along with the Like buttons. WithGoogle Rich Snippets you can make your site look appealing to the visitors on search engine results pages, boost search engine rankings and increase clicks!
Rich Snippets are a kind of microdata which are used to provide additional information along with the address of the website. When Rich Snippets are employed, Google is able to display a bit more information about the actual result including star rating and the number of votes:
Introduction to Rich Snippets:
The first major of advantage of Rich Snippets is the simple fact that they draw users’ attention. In short, someone is more likely to click on a film review with the star rating showing beneath it than the one without. In fact, many companies report seeing a 20-30% rise in CTR after implementing Rich Snippets.
How to enable Rich Snippets on your website:
- If you are using Like button plugin, just enable Rich Snippets through theplugin’s admin dashboard.
- If you are placing the Like button using HTML-code make sure to setrich_snippet option to true and specify item information.
After about a 2 weeks Google will find structured data on your website. If Google internal algorithms will decide after about 2 months Google will begin displaying Rich Snippets for your website in search results.
If you see something like this it means that Google already indexed structured data on your website (but it does guarantee that Google will show up Rich Snippets in search results).
In order to check if Google is displaying Rich Snippets for your website find in Google any page having the Like button (for example by page title).
Google does not guarantee that Rich Snippets will show up for search results from a particular site.
Here are some reasons that marked-up pages might not be shown with Rich Snippets:
- If Google can’t properly crawl and index your site content, it can’t show it in search results.
- The site has very few pages (or very few pages with marked-up structured data) and may not be picked up by Google’s Rich Snippets system.
- Google internal algorithms just decided that pages of your website are not suitable for showing Rich Snippets in search results.
The LikeBtn Team